The building complex that houses the Ecclesiastical Museum of Lindos consists of three buildings with different configuration and history. These are the church of the Dormition of the Virgin, the annex which is situated on the north side of the church and part of the old primary school.

The church of the Dormition is built according to the type of free cross with a dome and its erection was placed between the 13th and 15th centuries or earlier. During the erection of the church and the configuration of its outdoor area, marble architectural elements of previous historical periods were utilized (altar, marble throne, etc.). The annex is a later addition to the nave, constructed during the Hospitaller period by the Grand Magister Pierre D 'Aubusson, as indicated by his coat of arms on the south side of the annex, where the old bell-tower rises. Another independent bell-tower dominates the picturesque village on the southwest of the church. Interesting facts related to the building and wall painting conditions οf the church, which is ornamented in its entirety with 18th century murals, have been preserved to this day through oral tradition.

On the north side of the church we find an annex of irregular floor-plan, which now houses the permanent exhibition of the Ecclesiastical Museum. As evidenced by the inscription on the east wall of the building, this space was used as a funerary chapel and was the burial place of dignitaries. The manner of construction and processing of the carved stones in the arches indicates that the building was originally an ambulatory. The subsequent construction of the current apertures date back to the 17th century.

On the northeast of the church lies the building of the old primary school of the village, the first Greek school of Rhodes. According to oral testimonies, the school was in operation until the interwar period (1932-1933 school year). In recent years its first floor functioned as a venue of social events and training while the ground floor seems to have functioned as a utility room of the parish church. It currently functions as a multimedia room and a sacristy of the Ecclesiastical Museum of Lindos.